VantageMDM has formed its information security and data privacy principles in order to safeguard the privacy and information rights of its customers.
Personal data is all the information belonging to an individual from which he/she can be directly or indirectly recognized and identified. Using the reference to the information collected of an individual, it becomes possible to identify them.
The aim of this privacy notice is to indicate how we have set up measures to ensure your privacy rights.
We may collect, store or process certain data including personal data for the benefit of our customers. Such data is controlled and retained by the customers, referred to as data controllers with respect to such data.
This customer data may include data from devices or other systems that the customer handles and monitors by making use of our services or products. The end user data is included which is related to a customer's activity on the network and systems including but not limited to the IP address, email@example.com, CPU usage, device information and any other data related to could also include end user data related to an individual's activities on the customer's network and systems including but not limited to Email address, IP address, device information, CPU usage and any other data related to convey a support or a service request.
We collect some data to carry out our regular business operations and administration that may include some personal data such as Email Address , company name as well as contact details. We have outlined this further below:
- Data obtained from the website users
- Data obtained through the use of our products and services
- Other data
- Consectetur adipiscing elit
Data obtained from the website users:
When a user visits out website or wants to conduct business with us of any sort, they may be prompted to provide us with certain personal information including name, company name, email address, contact number and hometown etc. We can use the obtained data in the following ways:
- We can use the data to connect with you or to maintain a contact at your request.
- We can collect your firstname.lastname@example.org to help you subscribe to our newsletters.
- We can help you get registered for our upcoming webinars.
- We can help you enquire about our latest products and services.
Usually, the personal data you provide to us is necessary in the following ways; to provide you the information you may request, to resolve a complaint you may lodge or to address a query you may generate.
When a customer makes a purchase of our products or services, we may also obtain their billing and transactional details during the process. We have teamed up with industry payment providers to collect payment from our customers.
Our servers have been designed in a way to collect certain data from you when you visit our website. While this data may not essentially reveal your identity but it does include data about the specific device used such as the version of the operating system, the hardware model, web browser (such as Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Internet Explorer) and the IP address/MAC address/device identifier. Please keep in mind that we do not use this data to identify you and do not process it actively. The acquisition of data is basically a by-product of using our website.
Data obtained through the use of our Products and Services:
Usage Data:When our customers subscribe to our products and services, we obtain certain technical data which is obtained from the software, systems holding the products or services and device retrieving these products or services which do not help us identity the end user directly. This certain technical data is referred to as Usage Data. This data is collected for business analytics so we are able to find out how are products and services are being used by our customers. The extent of this collection of data is configurable by our customers, but as an indication, our collection of technical data constituting personal data includes (but is not limited to):
- IP Address
- Email address
- Serial Number
- Company name
- Mobile number
- Device Time
- Device Model
- RAM Information
- Storage Information
- Bluetooth Information
- Data Usage details
- Password Strength
- Device Notes
- Other usage statistics
We do not obtain usage details about customer's end users, except as required for support or to provide the services demanded by customers (in which case we act as a data processor of such data). We only process the data in order to provide the service requested by the customer.
Location Data : VantageMDM retrieves device location and makes it available securely and only to your IT Admin or Organization.
Use of Personal Data:
We have listed an overview of the chief purpose for using the personal data obtained by us below:
Data obtained from the website users
The personal data collected by us is used for the following purposes:
- carry out and progress our business with you and others;
- address you about upcoming events, promotions, the websites and our products and services;
- deliver you with documentation or communications which you have requested;
- get in touch with users to resolve their urgent queries or complaints;
- offer you any services you request;
- provide you with marketing communications;
Data obtained through the use of our products and services
The personal data obtained is used for the following purposes:
- carry out and develop our business with you and others;
- process, assess and complete certain transactions that involve our products and services;
- maintain our internal business and accounting records;
- offer you any services you request;
- manage, shield against and inspect fraud, risk exposure, claims and other liabilities, including but not limited to violation of our contract terms, laws or regulations.
The personal data we obtain is used for the following purposes:
- manage, appraise, maintain, expand and develop our products and services or our websites (including by monitoring and analyzing trends, access to, and use of the website for advertising and marketing);
- customize our websites, products or services according to the users' requirements;
Disclosure of Personal Data to Service Providers:
We involve third parties to support the services we provide to you. These third parties help us in providing information, products or services to you, in carrying out and managing our business, or in dealing and enhancing our products/services or our websites.
Your personal data is shared with these third parties to provide services for which they have been involved by us to perform on our behalf, subject to appropriate prescribed restrictions and privacy measures, or if we believe it is practically necessary to avoid harm or loss, or it believes that the disclosure will further an enquiry of alleged or actual illegal activities.
The third parties may include:
- Cloud service providers such as Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Cloud application and productivity providers to assist our internal workplace operations such as email and document management.
- Administration and support for enabling customer support and assisting in sales management .
- Marketing and Newsletter for managing our email correspondence with our customers for the sake of marketing such as sending them newsletters.
- Payment Gateways: We collaborate with commercial payment gateway such as Cybersource. In order to process, customers select the payment gateway given to them. Once selected, they will be transferred to systems controlled by these service providers to complete the payment process. The payment gateways provide the payment services as a data controller and fulfill all the obligations for processing the data under the applicable data protection laws.
We do not share, sell, rent, or trade any of your personal data to the third parties, other than as necessary to provide the services we deliver to you or to manage our business.
The nature of the services we provide is such that we owe a certain responsibility towards our customers for the protection and security of their personal data.
We intend to protect your personal data from unauthorized access, inappropriate use or disclosure, illegal modification or unlawful destruction or accidental loss. We have adopted realistic technical and organizational security measures to ensure our customers privacy.
It is nevertheless important that our Customers recognize their responsibility in maintaining effective security in the use of our services.
Retention of Personal Data:
We keep hold of your personal data for as long as required to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected in the first place. A brief summary of our approach to retention of personal data is mentioned as follows:
- Data obtained from the website users: The data collected from the website users is retained by us for the duration of our relationship with the customer. Once you have started and, where appropriate agreed to our communication, you have the right to demand us to stop the communication (see the ‘Rights' section below).
- Data obtained through the use of our products and services: Normally, the data obtained to provide the products and services to the customers is retained by us for less than twelve months after the expiry of the active license. By active license it is meant the trial and paid licenses that have not been expired. The data relating to our commercial arrangement (billing information) will be retailed as long as necessary for us to fulfil our legal record keeping requirements.
- Other data: We retain other data for as long as required to fulfil its purpose. We have a defined default retention period and take practical measures to remove the data once the period is expired.
In some circumstances, we may keep hold of personal data for other periods of time, for example where we are required to do so in accordance with legal, tax and accounting requirements, or if required to do so by a legal process, legal authority, or other governmental entity having authority to make the request, for so long as needed.
In specific circumstances, we may also keep hold of your personal data for longer periods of time corresponding to a statute of limitation, so that we have an precise record of your dealings with us in the event of any complaints or challenges.
For Customers based in the European Union, your rights under the GDPR have been outlined below. For Customers living outside the European Union, you may have some or all of the following rights available to you in respect of your personal data, depending on the reason for processing this data:
- Right to be updated: you have the right to attain a copy of your personal data along with information about how and on what basis that personal data will be processed.
- Right of access: You have the right to access your personal data and supplementary information provided.
- Right of Rectification: You have the right to rectify the erroneous personal data (including the right to complete the personal data if that is uncompleted).
- Right to Erasure: You have the right to erase your personal data (only in limited circumstances such as where it is no longer required in relation to the purposes for which it was obtained or processed.
- Right to restrict processing: you have the right to request we stop processing the personal data if – where you object to processing and we have to consider whether we still have an authentic interest to process it.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to port your data in a machine-readable format to a third party (or to you) when we validate our processing on the basis of your approval or the performance of a contract with you;
- Right relating to automated decision making including profiling: You have the right to acquire, or see a copy of the appropriate safety measures under which your personal data is transferred to a third country or international organization.
- Right to Object: You have the right to raise objections, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to any processing of your personal data for which we have validated on the basis of a legitimate interest, including profiling (as opposed to your approval) or to perform a contract with you. You also have the right to object at any time to any processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes, including profiling for marketing purposes.
We recognize that you may have concerns regarding how we process your data, or you may want to modify either the data we retain or the mode of our communication in the future.
Please keep in mind once you have given your consent for processing, you are also free to withdraw the consent at any time. In such case, you may write us at (email@example.com).
You may also request erasure of your personal data at any time and we will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws. In such case, please contact us at (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Should you have any questions in respect to this privacy notice, please feel free to get in touch with us at (email@example.com).
Updates to this Policy: